Dove

April 18 2011

Dove isn't soap.” – dove soap commercial

I got an email from my sister the other day.
She told me she was going through post-withdrawals.
And that it’s not like I had anything else to do.
So, my dear sisy, this one is for you.

So last sunday, I had to give a talk in hospital.
It had been a bit of a crazy week.
So it was straight up scatterbrained.
It probably didn't help that I didn’t write anything down.
I just got up and talked.
I had never done anything like that before.
It was weird and i didn’t think it went that well.
But I did get some compliments.
So I guess it wasn’t a complete epic fail.
Whatever.
Here we go.
So I spoke on hope.
Which was perfect topic for me after last week.
It started out absolutely horridly.
I’ve never felt like more of a complete failure in my life.
But thanks to the people in my life, I was able to pull through.
Then I read some stuff on hope.
You know, in preparation for my talk.
and then I got to thinking about my week.
(I was very pensive last week.
it was almost weird.)
Yes it was quite the crap load of nastiness.
Yes it made me feel like a hopeless case of epic failureness.
Yes I wanted to give up. multiple times.
But then I realized that I had been prepared for this week.
First off, I had been asked to give this talk.
So I’d been studying up on hope and how important it is.
I mean, I already knew.
But it was a good reminder all the same.
But also, I had these great friends.
Amazing, actually.
They were there for me.
And that’s when it hit me.
The Lord wants us to put our hope in Him.
He wants us to trust Him.
He wants us to put our faith in Him.
He truly does.
So He helps us do that.
He gives us reason to.
I saw that He had prepared me for times like last week.
He gave me friends that would help me when I needed it.
He put thoughts in my head that would help me make it through.
It was yet another reminder that the Lord truly wants us to succeed.
He really does care about what’s going on.
He wants us to rely on Him to help us get through it.
So He helps us realize that He really is helping us so that we’ll go to Him so He can help us get through our trials so we can make it back to Him.
It’s the most amazing thing.
Now, this isn’t to say that everything gets better.
Oh heavens no.
I still have those trials.
And I feel like more have just been dumped on me.
But I know who I can go to.
He will help me get through anything.
and regardless of how crappy life is,
It will get better.
Eventually.

And as ka“dove isn’t soap.”–dove soap commercial
i got an email from my sister the other day.
she told me she was going through post-withdrawals.
and that it’s not like i had anything else to do.
so, my dear thelissa, this one is for you.

so last sunday, i had to give a talk in church.
it had been a bit of a crazy week.
so it was straight up scatterbrained.
it probably didn’t help that i didn’t write anything down.
i just got up and talked.
i had never done anything like that before.
it was weird and i didn’t think it went that well.
but i did get some compliments.
so i guess it wasn’t a complete epic fail.
whatever.
here we go.
so i spoke on hope.
which was perfect topic for me after last week.
it started out absolutely horridly.
i’ve never felt like more of a complete failure in my life.
but thanks to the people in my life, i was able to pull through.
then i read some stuff on hope.
you know, in preparation for my talk.
and then i got to thinking about my week.
(i was very pensive last week.
it was almost weird.)
yes it was quite the crapload of nastiness.
yes it made me feel like a hopeless case of epic failureness.
yes i wanted to give up. multiple times.
but then i realized that i had been prepared for this week.
first off, i had been asked to give this talk.
so i’d been studying up on hope and how important it is.
i mean, i already knew.
but it was a good reminder all the same.
but also, i had these great friends.
amazing, actually.
they were there for me.
and that’s when it hit me.
the Lord wants us to put our hope in Him.
He wants us to trust Him.
He wants us to put our faith in Him.
He truly does.
so He helps us do that.
He gives us reason to.
i saw that He had prepared me for times like last week.
He gave me friends that would help me when i needed it.
He put thoughts in my head that would help me make it through.
it was yet another reminder that the Lord truly wants us to succeed.
He really does care about what’s going on.
He wants us to rely on Him to help us get through it.
so He helps us realize that He really is helping us so that we’ll go to Him so He can help us get through our trials so we can make it back to Him.
it’s the most amazing thing.
now, this isn’t to say that everything gets better.
oh heavens no.
i still have those trials.
and i feel like more have just been dumped on me.
but i know who i can go to.
He will help me get through anything.
and regardless of how crappy life is,
it will get better.
eventually.

And as katy perry said,
”after a hurricane comes a rainbow.”

{I apologize for the scatter=brained-ness of this. I guess my one crazy week hasn’t ended yet...}

No comments: