2 Daily routines to fight depression

December 20th, 2008

Mirror motivation:
When we face our depression giant eventually we will grow
Bigger and stronger than it and be able to defeat it with ease.
Look at yourself in the mirror and say the I Am’s.
I am beautiful/handsome
I am a blessing
I am loved
I am a good friend
I am a good person
I am worth a lot to this world
I am a good parent/child
I am a good husband/wife/fionce’/boyfriend/girlfriend
I am an asset to my company/church/organization
I am important to all who know me
I am proud to be me
I am going to make this depression disappear
I am strong
I am bigger than my depression
I am not going to let this defeat me
I am going to have a great day no matter what comes my way!
At first you will most likely roll your eyes and think its silly
Talking to yourself in the mirror but getting in the habit of
Talking positive to yourself will help you begin to believe it.

Write a journal:
Write daily in a journal about your day, how you were
Feeling how you over came it and how you are feeling now.
On the next page write something positive about yourself
And life. It can be as small as ” I found a shiny penny to day,
Someone smiled at me, I did great on that project”. …..........
Writing everything down will help you to channel all your
Feelings without taking it out on your family or others.

No comments: