Should I file an FIR?

November 2 2012

Cyclone Nilam was indeed powerful and it was my first ever cyclone experience. I drove my car when she was at her ravaging best in Chennai. My car looked like it had a mud bath. The trees were dancing to glory. On some roads, the trees decided not to stand on their feet and hence fell down prostrate and slept on the middle of the road which resulted in traffic jam.
When I reached home from my office, I found that there was no power at home. The coconut tree near my house was behaving like a drunkard. It was not steady at all. It was about to fall any time. The movie 2012 flashed across my mind. All the Christian Preachers who would use this as an opportunity to promote themselves saying " I already prophesied this" also crossed my mind. 

But my first thought was the clothes that were left to dry in the mottai maadi ( terrace ) . I immediately ran upstairs only to find all my clothes on the floor of the terrace. My banian and underwear (jockey 500`) went missing. "Should I file an FIR?"- I thought to myself. But another thought reminded me that it would have reached a home where it would be used by someone who might actually need it. Then I entered my house. As there was no power, it was dark inside. 

The power came back at 11 pm. Things turned back to normal with missing my banian and underwear (jockey 500`). The mosquitoes were swatted out and we slept in peace.
What about the poor man on the pavement? If you happen to see any poor people, please help them. Don't wait for others to help. You be the change you want to see in others. I am not gonna tell what I did; but I have a old man in my mind. 

No comments: