The Window !

July 29 2011

I miss all my friends here in blogger, Every one asks me "why you didn't blog?". I'm sorry for staying silent so long, ok I search for no excuses, the reason was I became a bit lazy and increased no of sleeping hours since the advent of monsoons :)
The other day I came across an old newspaper cutting in my cupboard, author unknown. But found it really nice and felt like sharing it with my friends here.

A young couple moved into a new neigbourhood. The next morning, while they were having breakfast, the wife sees her neighbour hang the wash outside. "The laundry is not very clean. That lady doesn't know how to wash properly, perhaps she needs a better laundry soap", she says.

Her husband looked on but remained silent.

Everytime the neighbour hanged her wash to dry, the young wife would make the same comments. About a month later, oneday the wife was surprised to see a nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband, "Look, she has finally learned how to wash correctly, I wonder who taught her this".

The husband said, "I got up early this morning and cleaned our window panes".

And so is with life : What we see while watching others, depends upon the "Purity of the Window" through which we look.

Before we give any criticism, it might be a good idea to check our state of mind and ask ourselves if we are ready to see the good in the person whom we are about to judge.

Ve a great weekend ahead :)

No comments: