Stress!

September 7 2010

I was listening to a radio show this morning and the DJ Mirchi Suchi were discussing multitasking. They were talking about their jobs and how some people are constantly just going going going, always having several things they are doing or going to do at once, never slowing down. Various people were calling in telling their story of all the things they do, like one woman woke up at 4:30 am and instead of just enjoying a quiet morning to herself, she couldn't stand the thought of doing nothing so she went to the grocery store.

I have struggled for 2years with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It's a disorder that can cause any stressful situation, however minor, to turn into a full blown panic attack, or if you're lucky, just irrational thinking. The way I describe it is that I will have a stressful thought or worry, then 3 minutes later I am planning my own funeral in my head because I am sure that all of this is going to wind up in some disaster. Thankfully, now those thoughts are few and far between, and I have learned to slow down and try to get peace in my life, and in my mind. Some questions I ask myself when I start to get stressed are:

"What is the worst case scenario if I can't get this done?"
"Will someone be hurt if I can't get this done?"
"If I don't do this am I being lazy, or just nice to myself?"
"What do I need to do to make this easier on myself?"
"Is this really worth stressing over?"

Usually this helps and I can either better organize my thoughts and/or tasks and just slow down.

3 comments:

Sakthi said...

so excited to work with you on these workshops!

will you be my personal consultant? I'm in desperate need of a wardrobe makeover. :)

Anonymous said...

Gοoԁ pоst. I am gοing through a few of
these isѕuеs as well..

Feеl frеe to νіsit my web рagе ...
panic attack

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would
be ok. I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog
and look forward to new updates.

my web page ... buy soundcloud plays