SARAV ANNA

September 27 2011

SARAV ANNA told me to do a project for Hotel Sakthi Grand, many moons in my sky. To be credited as only one reason of being his brother nothing more than that and its humbling for me. And a reaffirmation of what my dad has been putting into my business and helping me grow as a honest and hardworking person. The gratitude to SARAV ANNA keeps piling up though. There have been days when tears have flown freely due to various reasons. Anger has been one of them. Frustration another. Sadness yet another with regard to my business.
But if there has been one person who has believed in me for whatever 2 pence I was worth, it has been SARAV ANNA. From the day of the starting of  college and even during my board exams to now, almost a decade has passed. But when I enter the home today, I am still the child that I was. Time and again have I said, that he was our beacon of hope at the end of a dark tunnel, a ray of hope to a harassed family. And a boy who also had begun to question what’s the point of living an honest life? Not to mention that the question hadn't been raised more in the recent past but the thing is I have been cast in a way. The die was made in a certain way. The mould cannot change neither can the impression.

More than anything else, I live my life today, in gratitude for the food on my plate. All thanks to that first belief that SARAV ANNA gave and continued to, when it was the era of  everyone said "prabhu is fit for nothing", when no one thought it was ‘right’ to make me start a business. Kept a wilting creeper alive through all those days. Angels do walk the earth. The maseeha I know is SARAV ‘ ANNA’.

There is nothing that someone like me can give back to him or his family except wish and pray with all our hearts, like everyone likes him, that he be healthy and spiritually protected. And today I send my thanks to the God above for giving us hope in life. And if you are at this point where a lot of things seem hopeless, I wish for you that you may find the hope that I eventually did. Eventually there is light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: