Pass The Earplugs

April 9th, 2009

Lately, I’ve been particularly tired. I get home from work, eat (or not), and go to bed. It’s 8pm and I’m nodding off in my chair typing this.

I don’t know what it is. My depression is well under control - my ability to think coherently, work hard, accomplish a lot both at work and outside of work - it all points to my depression meds being at the right level. I take daily multivitamins, and a separate iron tablet, just to make sure. (And no, my iron levels aren’t too high - I suffer from chronic depression.) So what is it?

Of course, it’s not like I get a full night’s sleep. I still wake up between one and two am every morning, for an hour or so. This started when my depression started to spiral out of control, some time in August last year, and I haven’t been able to shake the habit. My psychiatrist says my body has probably just got into the habit of breaking up my sleep at night.

Anyhow, I’m knackered. Time to hit the sack.

No comments: