TEN MOVIE QUIRKS

February 22 2010

1. I watched my first movie in a cinema hall when I was 8 years old. “Blood Stone”. From that age on, until I was about 12, I only watched 9 movies in a Cinema. It was crappy and expensive, and at the time it was much better to stay in and watch Doordarshan channel  hindi and all language movies with family at home. Right now we've got dts and dolby cinema halls, with huge screens, air conditioning, pop corn and comfy chairs, so I’m a regular visitor of the cinema rooms now. It hurts the pocket, the wallet, the purse… but it’s nice. Last one I watched: Aierathil Oruvan.

2. My biggest movie pet peeve is to have people complaining about the movie while they’re watching it; even irrelevant ones; and in general, anything that ruins the movie experience.

3. As with a book, I tend to get really inside the movie. I even forget I exist while I’m immersed in it. I always stay some minutes confused after it ends…

4. I love visual movies with great photography, color selection, image sequences…. even if the movie itself is not that awesome.

5. I can enjoy not so good movies as long as I can get really into the movie and get emotional reactions from it and lots of laugher. Example: Sethu. Only movie I’ve cried at.

6. In order to enjoy the movies, I sometimes let myself be tricked by it as long as I get nice surprises. One time, while watching a horror/suspense movie, my friends were all trying hard go guess who the assassin was. I didn’t! I wanted to be tricked, I wanted to be surprised in the end. I get no satisfaction from “ahh I knew it”. I get satisfaction from surprise. So, even if I could guess if I really tried, I suppress that part of my brain during the movie for enjoyement sake.

7. In general, my concept of how much I like a movie tends to be very different from most of the people I know. I can find awesomeness in “crappy movies” and I can deeply dislike a popular one. But don’t we all think that?

8. AFTER the movie is over, and I’ve sucessfully enjoyed it, THEN the analyzing starts. Next time I watch it I’ll be thinking about the effects, how they do this, that, how another camera angle would have been better, how that scene would look better in black and white, or a close up instead of a panoramic view…. I think about the actors, how it would be like if I could watch a bit of what happens after “CUT” has been shouted. Actors doing a sad, crying scene… would probably laugh afterwards?, or are they affected enough… how do they get in and out of character? How do they get along in real life?, and that girl in the monster costume… is she cute? and random weird stuff like that.

9. I tend not to like long  biographical movies with lots of social content. My interest in movies is to entertain myself, not so much to study. If it’s not entertaining for me, I will most likely fall asleep making my “intellectual” friends think I’m stupid. HAHA. I tend to like SENTIMENTAL, SUSPENSE, and I have a love for COMEDIES! I’m still discovering the latter because I didn’t know I liked them so much!

10. Can’t do movie marathons well. After a movie, I need to digest it.  I need time to process it.   I need time to go back on scenes if possible.  TIME.

Well, that’s all.

Goood meme.  Do it, it’s fun.

1 comment:

kavitha said...

Hey, how r you now? And how was 1000thil oruvan ?