Dear Anxiety

June 2nd, 2009

Dear Anxiety,

I’m terribly sorry I had to do this through a letter, this will make us both a lot better off, well me at least. Listen, it’s not you, it’s me. I just am incapable of loving you anymore and I think this is best, for both of us. This note will be the last memory you’ll ever have of me, I’m bouncing and not looking back. Don’t let it get you all upset inside, I always liked your friends Hope and Optimism more. It is because of your history of poor advice and lack of concern for anyone but yourself that kept me from being even remotely interested in continuing this relationship with you.

You’d be much better off finding a person that can deal with the annoying way you never stopped talking about all the drama in your life and how things would be so much better if we just became hermits together. I might miss certain things about you such as your ability to make me see what is really important in life — it surly isn’t money or a job or clothes.

I’m glad this is done and we’re going separate directions for good. I think you’ll find someone who can console with you, who will be willing to be always down in the dumps, and someone who thinks your dark ways are charming but sorry baby, that just isn’t me.

I hope things work out for you but please don’t write or call, I have no interest in seeing or hearing from you anymore. And I’m sorry if i ruined your life, Anxiety, because that is exactly what I set out to do!

Good riddance,

Prabhu

No comments: