Happy Women's Day

March 8 2010
A very Happy Woman’s Day to all you beautiful women out there…  And dear male readers, please pass on my best wishes to all the women in your lives...

Some of my favorite quotes about women

I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me.  They have clung to me all my life.  ~PrabhuPepsi

Women are aristocrats, and it is always the mother who makes us feel that we belong to the better sort.  ~John Lancaster Spalding


A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.  ~Tenneva Jordan

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Sweater, n.:  garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.  ~Ambrose Bierce

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?  ~Milton Berle

Women’s Liberation is just a lot of foolishness.  It’s the men who are discriminated against.  They can’t bear children.  And no one’s likely to do anything about that.  ~Golda Meir

Mother’s love is peace.  It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.  ~Erich Fromm

A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done.  ~Author Unknown

A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.  ~Irish Proverb


On this day today… I kept wondering on who is the one woman I idolize in this world… There are many, really… But, after a lot of thought, I could come up with just one: My Samu Perima (Mom’s Sister)

She is, without doubt, the most strong-minded, confident and supremely talented woman I know! Her life was not a bed of roses, but she rose from all the difficulties of her own!! I can still remember all those summer holiday stories she would tell me, when I was a child… A lot of those characters and stories still reverberate in my head… They would all have morals at the end of it… And I cant thank her enough for her indubitable contribution in my up-bringing…

Thanks Perima....  

So, tell me about one woman you idolize.. doesnt necessarily have to be someone you know, could also be a famous woman who is known for her strenght, courage or even beauty…

Go on… tell us about her 

3 comments:

Pooja said...

Well, the first woman I idolize is ofcourse my MOM .. For her unconditional love, care and motherhood ..

Second woman I idolize is Indira Gandhi for her passion, aggressiveness, leadership and leading-from-example quality .. I feel that she is the only ‘MARD’ India has ever produced .. In today’s difficult time of terrorism, naxalism and Maoism, India so much missed Indira Gandhi .. If she wold hv been alive, today we might hv diff pakistan on the map – or I would say there will be no pakistan on the map ..

sruthi said...

Hey prabhu… I would say, pretty strong words in favor of Mrs Gandhi… Although I admired her guts, I am not sure she was scot-free… anyways thats not the topic here

Asuka said...

The woman who has influenced me a lot would be my sister But there is no one male or female that I idolize.