I met her.....

October 28 2010

"Some pairs are made in heaven, but some unusual pairs are made in the beach."

It has been two years. I was sitting in the Sims Park(coonoor) thinking about those good old days. The fun filled school life. Musical days in college. Memories are always sweet to cherish especially when we are alone.

I saw happy faces running around and playing in the park. An old man walking with his dog. A young couple playing with their little kid. A few bachelors sitting together and cracking jokes. Well I noticed them all.

I was sitting alone. It was a cold evening. The sun was setting. I noticed a man and his girlfriend walking on the grass. She was holding his hands and her head rested on his shoulders. I felt happy for them. But as they walked past me, tear drops welled my eyes. Anitha.Yes thats the same girl...
********************************************************************
27th February 1996
I was a student in Seetharam masters tuition. The girls have just joined in. I was among the very few souls in tuition who wanted to have a good time ragging the newcomers.

"Whats your name?",my rough voice echoed through her ear drums...
"Anitha",a soft voice soothed my ear drums ...
********************************************************************
27th February 2001
College day celebrations. She was sitting in the crowd. I was on stage with my band. I did not take my eyes off Anitha. She had her eyes fixed on mine too. The vacuum between us was so thick that I could actually cut it with a knife.Lady in Red. My friends knew that I dedicated the song for her
********************************************************************
27th February 2002
Six years of togetherness. We were sitting in the same park.(those days we use to go ooty our favorite one day trip) We are loving six years now. Neither of us ever start our goodbye talk each other. But we knew in our hearts that we were in tears. I finally popped the question, "Shall I go to chennai? I am sure I ll back within a year!"... A few minutes of silence.. Our eyes spoke the language of love. Our tears finally blossomed in the park.
********************************************************************
27th February 2003
I am no more in college. I have passed out of college. I am working now. I call her to remind her that this was the day that I first spoke to her and this was the day that our love blossomed between us. I talked for five long hours. The heavy phone bill said it all.
********************************************************************
27th February 2004
I am now in Chennai and she has passed out of college. She is working in a school in Pollachi. I took leave from office and went all the way from Chennai to Coimbatore to see her. We had a great time. I knew she missed me a lot
"When will you marry me?"
"Wait till I get a good job"
"But my parents are looking for a guy for me. It is very hard to convince them. You are Tamil.  I am a Telugu. You are a mudaliar. I am a chettiar. Do you think that it will work out?"
" Why such a doubt after four years? That too on a special day?"
"Just wanted to ask you! Do you think that we could make it?"
"What ever happens, I am sure that we will make it through"
********************************************************************
27th February 2009
Our marriage was stopped and it has been four months. But I still can't find where she is!!!
Why did not she tell me that she is leaving me?
I can't forget this day...
********************************************************************
27th October 2010
It has been two years.I was sitting in the Sims Park thinking about those good old days.........
........I felt happy for them. But as they walked past me, tear drops welled my eyes. Anitha with her man. I have finally seen her after two long years. She did not notice me. I was not a part of her world anymore. "Even Humorous people have sad memories", I thought to myself and walked into the sunset with tears.
- Prabhu

2 comments:

Sudarshan said...

I didn't expect this sadness today, you make me sad again and I am sure an angel is waiting for you.....soon it ll happen

Adarsh said...

that was d most touchin thing i have read in a long time...words r not flowin...