Birthdays are special for everyone. Wedding days are special for many. Lot of us have at least one special day in our life that make us happy. Before that I will Introduce My Parents
Mrs.Senior(Mythily) = My mother, I would often refer to her as my first God.
Mrs.Senior is not an architect, neither does she build any houses. But still she is a home maker.
It is never easy to handle a son who tests the depth of the water with both feet.
It is very tough to be the Mother of a son who breaks all the windows in the neighborhood
It is almost impossible to put up with a son who asks the weirdest questions one could ever imagine
I know a certain Mother who has been patient with her son over the years.
I remember one incident that happened in our dining room. The father, mother and son were having dinner. Suddenly
Me: Daddy, are insects good to eat?
Father: Have I not told you never to mention such things during meals!
Mother: Why did you say that, Son? Why did you ask the question?
Me: It's because I saw one on daddy's meal, but now it's gone.
I always used to create trouble in school. My teacher wrote a note to my father. It read "Your son has a Fantastic imagination! Unmatched in his capacity for blending fact with fiction. He's definitely one of the biggest liars I have ever met". My father got angry and told to me," Use your lies (SO CALLED CREATIVITY) in some art form and not in real life".
Once I was 8 years old, fell ill and my mom took me to a doctor. We were waiting for our turn to meet the doctor. My mom decided to educate me with some medical terms and asked me few questions
Mom:Do you know what an artery is?
Me: Study of art forms
Mom:No son. That is wrong. (She went on explaining it for a while and I fixes my eyes on a certain man lying unconscious in a bed)
Me: Mom! Why is that man lying down like that?
Mom: He is in a state of coma
Me: Does that mean that he can also be in semicolon, colon, full stop and other punctuation marks too?
My mom just ignored my question. She does that on many occasions. Even today she ignores most of questions. She is celebrating her Special day today. For the world she might be just yet another women; but for me, she is my world.
The following points are important lessons that my parents learnt in the first five years of my life when they tried to bring me up.
1) A king size water bed holds enough water to fill a house four inches deep.
2) If you pour kerosene on the leather cushion cover and light them with match sticks, they can ignite.
3) A 3-year-old's voice is louder than the priest's voice in a temple.
4) Keep paintbrushes out of reach of children, if you want your television to remain in its original color.
5) You should not throw tennis balls up when the ceiling fan is on. When using the ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a tennis ball a long way
6) Always have wooden windows. Never ever have glass windows.
7) Never ever insert a screw driver inside the electric-power socket.
8) A magnifying glass can burn your feet even on an overcast day. So parents! stay away from your children when they have a magnifying glass in their hands
9) When your three year old is playing with a small bean and if the bean can't be seen, chances are that the bean will be inside the nose or the ears of the child.
10) Chewing gums can also be swallowed.
Coming back to special days today is one such special day for me. In fact today is the most special day in Prabhu's life (so far I never feel like this!). Yes! Today is My Parents 32 wedding day. I was very shy to say it; but today when I told," happy wedding day ma & paa", They gave me an expression-less look. They never expected me to utter those words. The nutty nature in me goes into a pause mode when ever I come across anything that has something to do with a DAD-MOM-SON relationship. Tears rolled down my smiling cheeks this night when I pondered over a few thoughts that came across my mind.
love you ma & paa