Managing

January 23rd, 2009

I walked into the waiting room of my pdoc’s office today feeling better than my last visit. As I sat there, however, I wondered if how I feel now is as good as it gets. I am not having major panic attacks, I don’t have the overwhelming weakness that goes with major depression, and most important I am starting to feel a bit of confidence. I have gone weeks with the feeling that depression has set up camp in my soul. Now it is like the calm after a storm. My soul is more settled.

Medication has helped. I don’t enjoy having to take it. But I feel it is working. My pdoc has really worked hard to find the correct medication and the right dosage. I am learning to trust. She hopes that gradually my symptoms will cease. I do pray so. In the meantime, I continue on in my journey even in its difficulty.

No comments: