“Scratch Off Gently with a Coin”

February 15th, 2009

No, I am not talking about a cellphone recharge card. It is my moods. I try to make them go away. I gently try to remove the layer of pain that blankets me, hoping underneath is relief (or maybe, $5000.00). Many times I find more pain. Other times, I find the relief I need. I just keep going in the journey. Scratching slowly, to avoid more trauma. Sometimes life brings trauma and nothing happens gently.

I would like to avoid life. That is not possible. To maintain my sanity over my moods in spite of life occurring, I need a variety of things. Here are just a few:

Family
Good friends
God
Medication ( I hate it but it is where I am.)
Therapy
My writing
Excercise (Yoga and Meditation)
What I mostly need is to treat myself gently. I must give myself time to heal and time to feel.  I also need to live. I just keep on in my journey and pray that when life is not gentle, I will have the tools to continue.

No comments: