Happy Birth day dude Bharathi

December 11th, 2009

Happy Birth day dude Bharathi

Born : 11 Dec 1882 in Ettayapuram, Thoothukudi Dist, in Saiva Brahmin family

Parents: Chinnasami Aiyar and Lakshmi Ammal (mother died in 1889)

Personal Name : Chinnasami Subramania Aiyar. The title "Bharathi" (Tamil Bharathi = Goddess Saraswathi ) conferred to him in 1893 in the Sabha of court-poets in recognition of his poetic talent-later it became his pet-name.

1894-1897: Studied in Hindu College, Tirunelveli.

15 June 1897 Married Chellamma, aged 7; 1898 father dies

1898-1902 stay at Banares with his aunt, learns Sanksrit, Hindi etc, entrance exam to Allahabad University.

1902-1904 Court poet at Ettayapuram; Aug-Nov 1904 Tamil teacher at Sethupathi High School, Madurai; Nov 1904 on the staff of Swedhesimithiran, well known Tamil daily of Madras;

1905 active political life starts; 1906 contact with Chidambaram Pillai, on the staff of radical daily Inthia; Attends Congress session in Calcutta, meets sister Nivedita.

1907 Editor of Inthiya and Bala Bharatha; meets Tilak, Aurobindo Ghosh, Lajpath Ray.

Composes partiotic songs publishes his first book "Swedhsa Geethangkal" in 1908

1908 Inthiya newspaper comes under govt surveilance, takes refuge in Pondicherry.

1909 2nd volume of poetry - janmmpUmi.

1908-1910 Inthiya paper published from Pondicherry; 1910 Aurobindo and VVS Aiyar come to Pondicherry.

1912 - 1918 stays in Pondicherry to avoid arrest by the british, writes political and other essays; composes poetry-Kannan Pattu, Kuyil Pattu, Panchali Sapatham,

1917 first edition of Kannan Pattu released.

Nov 1918 returns to India, got arrested and released after 34 days.

1918-19 leaves for Kilkattiyam and Ettayapuram, lives in poverty; 1919 goes to Madras meets Gandhi in Rajaaji's house; 1920 joins Swadesimiththran in Triplicane & he was killed by temple Elephant.

Resolute Mind I seek - மனதிலுறுதி வேண்டும்
Resolute mind I seek
Refined words I seek
Considerate thoughts I seek
Coveted things to be mine I seek
Dreams that turn real I seek
And turn real soon I seek
Wealth and happiness I seek
Fame in this world I seek
Clarity of vision I seek
Determination in work I seek
Women's liberation I seek
Protection of the creator I seek
Growth of this land I seek
Vision of heaven I seek
Triumph of truth I seek
Om Om Om Om

மனதி லுறுதி வேண்டும்,
வாக்கினி லேயினிமை வேண்டும்;
நினைவு நல்லது வேண்டும்,
நெருங்கின பொருள் கைப்பட வேண்டும்;
கனவு மெய்ப்பட வேண்டும்,
கைவசமாவது விரைவில் வேண்டும்;
தனமும் இன்பமும் வேண்டும்,
தரணியிலே பெருமை வேண்டும்.
கண் திறந்திட வேண்டும்,
காரியத்தி லுறுதி வேண்டும்;
பெண் விடுதலை வேண்டும்,
பெரிய கடவுள் காக்க வேண்டும்,
மண் பயனுற வேண்டும்,
வானகமிங்கு தென்பட வேண்டும்;
உண்மை நின்றிட வேண்டும்.
ஓம் ஓம் ஓம் ஓம்

No comments: