I’m Back!!!

December 1st, 2009



First of all, I owe an apology to those faithful readers of my blog. I disappeared without a word and looking back on it, that was a very bad decision on my part. So, I’m sorry.

At the time of my last post, I was spending a lot of time thinking about and living ANXIETY. I was watching videos on YouTube from other anxiety suffers, I was surfing websites for more information, and I had joined an online support group. I think it was joining the support group that put me over the top. It was wonderful to connect with people who were like me and it comforted me. However, I was finding that my support group were spending their entire day talking about anxiety. Be it posting on messages boards, chatting in a forum, creating blog posts, etc. etc.

I was trying to get away from anxiety not get more involved with it so I decided to just shut everything off. I didn’t want to lose anymore time to anxiety. My days were full of anxiety and anything that called for more attention on anxiety, at that moment, was a bad thing.

Now I am back at a place where I can once again begin to write about my experience. I am no longer spending hours upon hours surfing the Internet, searching for comfort. I still have anxiety and I will for the rest of my life. I have finally accepted that but that doesn’t mean that anxiety needs to run my life. Anxiety doesn’t define who I am. I am not an anxiety suffer.

I still see a psychologist every three weeks and will continue to do so. I am learning a lot about myself and how to have more control and most importantly live in the present moment.

Once again, I apologize for the disappearing act but I am back now and hope that my those who were here before will continue to come back and follow my journey so that we can heal and grow together.

No comments: