1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
• I shifted to my new home!
• I read a book in English (a physical book as opposed to e-books.)
• I bought my old mobile no back 9788116669!
• I had my first celebrity crush ever.
2. Did you keep your New Year resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I attempted to make resolutions for the first time when 2009 started. It didn’t work at all. I guess I’m not that kind of person. I won’t play that game anymore.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
• My friend sruthi did! Just before the year ended!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
• Heath Ledger. Wait he probably doesn’t count. Except he does.
• My 86 year old grandma was died last week.
5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I want my depression to get cured.
6. What countries did you visit?
I haven’t been abroad yet.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
August – September – November and December = worst relapse of depression.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being alive on Jan 1st this year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I lost my life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just mental illness.
11. What was the best thing you got?
• My family celebrated my birthday for the first time in my life.
• Lots of books.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The people who stuck with me and made me smile.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody in particular. (Ought to say everyone I met)
14. Where did most of your money go?
I don’t know if I can call anything “my money”. I don’t work. I don’t spend much either. I have been trying to get myself some clothes but I haven’t found any that I like. If I do, that would be the most money, but then that wouldn’t be in 2009. I spent a lot in my books & DVD’s. Hmm, I guess food? I spent a little bit in alcohol in the last few days… Again, nothing is “my money”.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
• Reading several books at the same time about che guvera, static electricity, evolutionary biology and yavana rani.
• Watching “The Dark Knight” in English… looking up things about Heath Ledger…
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Passanga Album by James vasanthan
Oru Vetkam Varuthe Varuthe ...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I am a lot stronger. I am older and wiser.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I don’t know… jogging in the mornings?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I don’t know.
20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Past: I stayed with my family until 2 am, then got a call from a friend and got drunk.
21. How would you sum up your 2009 in one word?
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I don’t think so and I never!.
23. How many one-night stands?
I… kissed A..... in my dreams. Didn’t go beyond that.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Coffee With Anu. I have been watching it again… It’s excellent. Never gets old.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I hate you.
26. What was the best book you read?
Motor Cycle Dairies by A
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmm, no. That was in 2008 with the A walk in the rain.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
This one is easy. Passanga.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you (optional)?
I stayed home and had nice things to eat. I turned twenty-nine.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I was with A..... Then I wouldn’t have to worry about that anymore and I could get ready to go to Chennai.
32. What kept you sane?
When I lost all hope, I had people who didn’t let me go.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
• Indian politics though… don’t get me started. It makes me angry. Corruption, people die, etc.
35. Whom did you miss?
Somebody who sleeps while I’m awake and vice versa.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My dear Charan. & my phsy doc Jayapratha
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
That I am strong. That it is not that important to be in home at age 29 if it’s going to make me miserable.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Plus i’m only twenty-six years old (twenty-nine)
My grandma died at eighty-three (she is at 86)
That’s lots of time if i don’t smoke (drink)
I think i’ll wait another year
Another year – Amanda Palmer. No need to rush things right? It can wait another year.
That’s for you… YOU… Seize-the-day freaks!